Paperwork Needed To Apply For A Mortgage Loan
To apply for a loan, you will have to provide the lender with detailed documentation of your financial history. The lender will request a credit report from a credit agency and will verify the information provided in your loan application. Be prepared to provide:
- Social Security numbers for both you and any co-borrowers.
- 2 Months "Most Recent Bank Statements (Checking & Savings Accounts) Please Note: Provide "ALL PAGES" of the bank statements.
- Last 2 Years W-2's and Last 2 Years of tax returns - Please Note: Provide "ALL PAGES" of tax returns.
- Last 2 Years of Residence history - Please provide all addresses for the last 2 years you have lived at.
- 1 Full Months most recent Paystubs.
- Evidence of any other assets such as bonds, stocks, or money saved in retirement programs (i.e. 401k or 403b program) that you are going to use to purchase your new home with.
- Purchase & Sales contract for the purchase of your new home.
- Name/Phone Number of your Insurance Agent you will want to use for your Home-Owners Insurance.
- Homeowner's association information with contact information if property is a condo or part of a homeowner's association.